A metalled road, which starts just north of the junction of the A850 with the B8036 at NG 423485, heads roughly west towards St Columba's Isle and Burial Ground. At a junction after about 300 metres, take the road to the right for a further 700 metres, till it ends as a whitewashed cottage. Tote Chamberd Cairn lies on the foreshore of Loch Snizort Beag, immediately (about 30 metres) west-northwest of this cottage.
Just before the end of the road, make for the shore and follow it past the cottage. The cairn is plain to see.
Canmore states that this very large oval cairn, which measures 3.2 metres in height and 31 × 24 metres on the ground, is composed of loose stones and, though robbed, remains in good condition.
Today, the cairn is largely overgrown by dense gorse, and it proved impossible to make out any structure or attain its summit.
Local legend (incorrectly) claims that this cairn covers the slain of a battle between the Macleods and the Macdonalds in AD 1539. However, this legend correctly refers to a large cairn of stones that used to stand about 300 metres to the southwest, on the other side of the River Snizort, but which was 'carted away to make room for the plough' during the 19th century (Name Book 1877)