The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Bohonagh
963 messages
Select a forum:
Hi LS, I look forward to reading it, and I'm glad to hear that you have a ready picture! ;)

Just thought I'd add this though it's prose, because it's so damn synchronous with Bohonagh - the monument - twelve pillars and an altar in a townland translating as 'place of the cattle' and a similiar time period, give a hundred years or so.

Exodus 24, 4-8

Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord. He rose early in the morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and put up twelve sacred pillars, one for each of the twelve tribes of Israel. He then sent the young men of Israel and they sacrificed bulls to the Lord as whole-offerings and shared-offerings. Moses took half the blood and put it in basins and the other half he flung against the altar. Then he took the book of the covenant and read it aloud for all the people to hear. They said, 'We will obey, and do all that the Lord has said.' Moses then took the blood and flung it over the people, saying, 'This is the blood of the covenant which the Lord has made with you on the terms of this book.'

A little light reading, for a June evening.

Reply | with quote
gjrk
Posted by gjrk
14th June 2008ce
00:19

In reply to:

Re: Bohonagh (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: