The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient Monuments
963 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Thanks moss but I'm seriously confused here. tiompan mentioned John Ormond's poem from Definition of a waterfall last May -http://www.themodernantiquaria[...]m/?thread=23046&message=507101

Does Ormond's poem have more than the four verses you quote because 'Thom's poem' has thirteen.

Ah yes I see, Definitions of a Waterfall is a book of poems by Ormond, whether my four verses are a whole poem I don't know..
"Ancient Monuments" is in the book p29, according to the notes.

Nailing it on the head, sent an email to Professor Hooker this morning, this is what I got back.....

"The quotation you ask about is from John Ormond's poem 'Ancient Monuments'. I don't have the Ormond poem with me, but my recollection is that it is dedicated to Alexander Thom. That would account for it being ascribed to Thom on a megalithic forum. It is also just possible that Ormond quotes a phrase or a few words from Thom in the poem. But the verses are certainly from Ormond's poem."

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
11th January 2008ce
15:40

In reply to:

Re: Ancient Monuments (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Ancient Monuments (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: