The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Megalithic Poems
963 messages
Select a forum:
>I've been thinking there's a gap in the market for a website of megalithic pictures with dreamy words for ages and never got round to it...<

Stop gritting your teeth Nigel :-) I see the blogspot as a (very) simple test run for a book on <b>Megalithic Poems</b> - a book that will have be a collaborative project; there's just so much stuff out there but it's scattered about and it'll need the eyes and ears of everyone with a dual interest in megaliths and poetry (and illustrations to go with them) if it's ever going to happen. A book's also about checking for accuracy, background, permission to use text and illustrations etc., and that too is going to take time and a collaborative effort. AndyN and PeterH have expressed an interest to be in on the project and you too are very welcome to join the team if you want. The blog at http://megalithicpoems.blogspot.com/ is more a personal 'sketchbook' at present to see how poems work with illustrations (and they do seem to work quite well) but I'm hoping that along with comments and suggestions both here, on the blog and elsewhere, some idea of how the book should eventually look will emerge.

I'd just like to add that if <b>Megalithic Poems</b> ever does materialize as a book it'd be good to see (any) profits from it going towards a worthy megalithic cause (Silbury, Thornborough etc) though I reckon publication's a couple of years away at least. Meanwhile, I was going to ask you, AndyN, PeterH and others if I could post some of your poems/illustrations on the blog and if you have any preferences/ideas for words or illustrations to accompany them.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
29th September 2005ce
20:47

In reply to:

Re: Megalithic Poems (nigelswift)

2 replies:

Re: Megalithic Poems (PeterH)
Re: Megalithic Poems (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: