The NMR, available via the MAGIC web site, describes the Armada Beacon:
The monument includes the earthwork and buried remains of a stone-built beacon platform on the summit of Beacon Hill, Alderley Edge. The earthen mound on which it has been constructed is considered to have been a bowl barrow of Bronze Age date. This barrow mound is large and may have been augmented when the beacon was constructed on the summit.
The mound is of earth with some stone incorporated in the structure. It stands approximately 3m above ground level and is 25m wide at the base. The top of the mound was levelled for the foundations of a stone building to support the beacon with its fire basket and to store material such as pitch for the fire itself. This building was constructed in the 16th century and restored in 1799 on the foundations of the original building. The beacon building was blown down in 1931 and today only the foundations survive.
The eight figure grid reference given is SJ85847773.