This circle is now lost ( enclosure and forestation ) but once stood on Matlock Moor. It was noted by Rooke in the late 1700's and by Pegge a few years later. There have been many grid references put forward for the circle, it is now thought to have been SK309639, although John Barnatt has the site further South in Cuckoostone Dale SK305620.
The circle was 25ft in diameter and was thought to have 9 stones originally. One of them being over 7ft tall.