Image Credit: drew/sweetcheat
Posted by drewbhoy
25th April 2012ce
NB: Unless otherwise stated, this image is protected under the copyright of the original poster and may not be re-used without permission.
Just to say that this is Fullarton Stone Circle.
Cairnhall was totally destroyed some time ago.
Quote from RCAHMS:
The remains of the circle at Cairnhall consisted of two stones, one standing, and the other prostrate; but by 1917 only the single standing stone remained.
F R Coles 1901; J Ritchie 1917.
All that remains of this stone circle is a single stone 1.5m high, 2.3m in girth, situated at NJ 7849 1759 in a contractor's yard near Cairnhall.
Revised at 1/2500.
Visited by OS (RD) 19 March 1964.
Nothing is now visible of this stone circle, the last stone having been removed some time after 1964.
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS, IF), 7 May 1996.