The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: Cornish Holiday Advice Please!!
62 messages
Select a forum:
Mr Hamhead wrote:
just to make you more envious...had a great day walking on Bodmin Moor today.......found what could be a recumbent 15ft tall menhir....leapt across a infant Fowey River full of fish and wandered through the prehistoric fields of Leskernick.
Did you get my email Roy.....have you made it up onto Leskernick yet?

Mr H

Hi Mr H....Yes indeed I did thank you but you had far better weather than I did you jammy so and so and got further in than I did :D
I came in from Westmoorgate like I said I would and made it to the stone circle area closest to the path below Leskernick...and then boy didn't the heavens open. It really chucked it down. To be honest I wasn't inspired to go on so thought I would have a go another day now that I know where things are so retreated! Just as well as I left my 'decent' camera at home and took a little digital job with me which after two shots gave up the ghost (literally) as the screen just came up white after that with just a faint image in the background!! So where did you come in from, it sounds like the south?
I've never tramped over that north east area at all Mark and the walk in from Westmoorgate was easy going and pretty rock free until further in.
Were you on an 'official' walk or just having a busman's holiday?

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
21st July 2011ce
22:04

In reply to:

Re: Cornish Holiday Advice Please!! (Mr Hamhead)

Messages in this topic: