The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Cornish Holiday Advice Please!!
62 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Eveyone

I'm planning a trip to Cornwall in August all being well. We'll be camping and I'm obviously planning to go to as many sites in West Penwith as possible but wondered if anyone had any advice on the best areas to stay.

I'll be with my other half who hates anything stone related and if I locate us in stone rich areas which may not have any other attractions such as beaches, coves, picturesque villages, secenery etc nearby then I'll be castrated!

Does anyone know of an area to stay that encapsulates all the traditional attractions that is not too far from the lands end sites? I've seen Boleigh Farm campsite from some posts here but didn't know what the area itself was like apart from the stones? I'd want to stay in the nicest area regardless of stone stuff but maybe do a day trip to lands end, so more a general tourist request than stone centric one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gwass

Reply | with quote
Posted by Gwass
14th July 2011ce
20:57

Messages in this topic: