The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: My Cornish plans
34 messages
Select a forum:
Hi SH

stand by for my thoughts on Bodmin Moor...

Go to Minions, do the Hurlers, out to Cheeswring and then back down the hill and cross the moor to Craddock, if you have time you could visit the stone row and embanked avanue nearby. Which friday are you down? I would be happy to meet up at Minions and save you a bit of time. can't do this Friday though but if you want to leave it till Sunday?

If you do Duloe first then you could carry on from Minions by driving from Redgate to Bolventor up the Fowey valley and then visit the Trippet stones (5 mins walk from road).

Stannon is really close to the road but takes a while to get to from anywhere, I was up there yesterday..bloody cold and quite overgrown at the moment...sheep needed!

As for west penwith, i agree with Ocifant and four winds, it don't take long to get from the Men an Tol to Nine maidens...have a look at my weblog at

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/user/320/weblog/0/24298

for my experience down there earlier this year.

As for a B&B pub in Penzance, my regular is The Dock, which you might be surprised to find is down by the harbour. Nothing fancy but the beer is good and the locals are always friendly...haven't stayed there though...got friends in Newlyn.

Reply | with quote
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
29th November 2004ce
22:21

In reply to:

My Cornish plans (suave harv)

2 replies:

Re: My Cornish plans (suave harv)
Re: My Cornish plans (suave harv)

Messages in this topic: