The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: My Cornish plans
34 messages
Select a forum:
Ok, a few comments:

Craddock Moor. If you like walking a mile or so across open country to see half buried rocks, fine. Stannon Moor is much easier to find, you can drive to within a couple of hundred yards of it, but it's totally the other side of Bodmin from the Hurlers complex. Another Bodmin circle near the road is the Trippet Stones. Again, drive to within a couple of hundred yards, or closer - viewable in the distance from the A30.

B&B. I can heartily recommend Hilary at the Scilly View in Trewellard, opposite the Trewellard Hotel (call 01736 786367 to book). Handy for most sites (within 15-20 minutes drive of most sites in Penwith).

Tregeseal, there's only the one circle extant. Easiest walk is all uphill - 25-30 minutes.

Boskednan. I regularly walk from Men an Tol studio, past Men an Tol and Men Scryfa, up to the circle and back via the mine and Bosiliack Barrow, down to West Lanyon Farm and along the road (use a map!). Some uphill walking - the 4 mile trip takes me around 90 minutes in total.

Finally, you could arrange a trip past Wendron Nine Maidens - only 4-5 stones left but it's another tick on the list!

And I'm trying hard not to get jealous!

Reply | with quote
ocifant
Posted by ocifant
29th November 2004ce
21:49

In reply to:

My Cornish plans (suave harv)

1 reply:

Re: My Cornish plans (suave harv)

Messages in this topic: