The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   U-Know! Start a topic | Search
U-Know!
Re: Boo hoo
5 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:

I've read the article Nigel - some 'mights' and 'coulds' in there. Is there an element of schadenfreude to it I wonder.

I watched Question Time last week coming from Stoke Newington in London. Trevor Phillips was on there speaking about knife crime among young (mainly black) males (mainly in London). It made my blood run cold to hear what the perpetrators do to their victims. Later Trevor Phillips went to great pains to distance himself from a comment made by a member of the audience to effect the northern defectors from Labour had been brainwashed by the right wing press - implying they were less bright by far than Londoners. Mr Phillips said emphatically he did not endorse that view.
What is the point I'm trying to make? With respect to the Guardian (it is one of the few papers I sometimes read) let's not jump the gun. There is a lot of rebuilding work to do in our country and our planet for that matter. We have to let the past go - if some funding gets moved to inner cities to combat the gang culture I'm all for it.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
26th January 2020ce
10:40

In reply to:

Boo hoo (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Boo hoo (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic:

Boo hoo (nigelswift, Jan 25, 2020, 11:27)
    • Re: Boo hoo (tjj, Jan 26, 2020, 10:40)