The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Scotland Forum Start a topic | Search
Scotland
Re: The Scottish Outdoor Access Code
16 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
I know of a herd of Buffalo in Derbyshire. I used to maintain the owners garden. :)

I used to work with a bloke who had lived his whole life in N London, he was 25 and had not really travelled much or ventured far from London at all. The job involved him driving out into Buckinghamshire, and quite a rural area. One morning he came into the office with a look of terror on his face, as he described something that had happened to him on one of the roads between villages on his route in.
He said he was driving along when a 'massive bird walked out into the road' he had never seen anything like it before in his life and said it was green and had weird bits coming off it and seemed like an alien. He was so shocked at what he had seen, he had stopped the car in fear and didn't have a clue what it was.
After a few questions it turned out the alien creature in question was a peacock. He had never seen one before and knew nothing of their existence.

LOL !
Bloody noisy things. I used to maintain a garden on the outskirts of Sheffield that kept them. Lovely things, if you don't live within ear shot.

Reply | with quote
harestonesdown
Posted by harestonesdown
16th January 2014ce
20:28

In reply to:

Re: The Scottish Outdoor Access Code (Evergreen Dazed)

1 reply:

Re: The Scottish Outdoor Access Code (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: