The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Devil's Quoits Forum Start a topic | Search
6 messages
Select a forum:
Despite the subzero temperatures to challenge even Ernest Shackleton, the howling wind, the driving rain, the sticky, cloddy mud and my hands so cold I had to light a fag just to warm them round the lit tip, the visit to the Devils Quoits yesterday warmed my heart.
To finally meet contributors to this board and talk about these things (most people who I try to talk about megalithic stuff with consider me to be barking) was a joy. For once I wasn't the crank. Felt great!
And to witness the rare sight of a site being reconstructed and attempting to remain faithful to the original restored my faith in humanity for a moment. It was VAST and VIVID and EVOCATIVE and should be open in about a year. HURRAH!
To those of you who came back to my house for a cuppa, it was great to meet you and feel free to drop round anytime.
Love
Jane X

Reply | with quote
Jane
Posted by Jane
14th October 2002ce
09:51

1 reply:

Re: What joy! (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: