The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Scotland Forum Start a topic | Search
Scotland
Re: Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland - my view
20 messages
Select a forum:
goffik wrote:
I look forward very much to reading this in full later, but after a quick glimpse, I gotta say I disagree about the Uists! We thought they were gorgeous! It rained harder than I'd ever known rain previously, and the wind blew a hoolie, but through brief moments of sunshine, we thought the scenery was fabulous... Mind you - we live in Southampton so it's all relative. ;) We only spent 3 days there but I'd happily do a fortnight.

Totally agree about Harris though. Awe inspiring scenery... Another place I need to spend more time in. Beautiful island... I do love Lewis as well - as you say it's so sprawling (3rd largest of the British Isles!) and because of that the scenery is so varied. Great Bernera is amazing... Probably the place on Lewis I've spent the most overall time at.

Good to have you back! :)

G x

Good for you Carl. Sounds a grand trip. Want to get to Shetland one day.

However totally agree with Goff. I found the Uists anything but bleak. Totally inspiring...

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
20th June 2012ce
21:10

Messages in this topic: