The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Scotland Forum Start a topic | Search
Scotland
Re: RoW and access to Scottish sites
16 messages
Select a forum:
The Scottish Access Code has been advertised a lot on TV, etc in Scotland in recent years...

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/

Basically, yes, you may roam as you please, taking into consideration all the usual courteous, sensible rules of the countryside, and not intruding on peoples gardens, going too close to farm buildings, etc. For example if I'm out walking I'll happily trek over open croftland (with care and consideration) but I won't stray near where people are out working to disturb them, or anywhere near houses, shed, byres, etc... unless I get properly caught by the terrain or something and don't have a choice (and when I have got caught out and had to go a bit near for my liking to habitation, people have normally been OK and understanding even though they don't need to be by rights!).

There's a full list of do's and don't on the website.

Obviously there's always the danger of shooting, or felling, or indeed even dangerous game reserves! Or cattle, bloomin cows hee hee! But with research and care...

Reply | with quote
summerlands
Posted by summerlands
27th January 2011ce
21:36

Messages in this topic: