The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wirksworth I Forum Start a topic | Search
Wirksworth I
Re: Sorry for butting in.
10 messages
Select a forum:
Gwass wrote:
No problem Geoff.

I meant to put a footnote saying that the request was open to any of the Peak afficionados (of which I know you are one!)

I've become obsessed with the place and want to get over there every weekend if I could. I'd just been revisiting the same sites, great as they are but think I need to go to the next level. I've been to barn farm a few times following your endorsement on a camping thread last summer. Great spot to explore from. I spent most of today scouring the derbys section. I thought Castle Naze & Fin Cop looked good and have you got any thoughts on Carl Walk? Looks nice and atmospheric even if it is a b*ggar to make sense of.

I went to Barbrook 1 last year but couldn't get to the cairn circle or swine sty so need to get that sorted soon.

Thanks for the info mate it's much appreciated.

Gwass

No problem mate, and if you give your lass a bit of money to go shopping instead of boring her looking at rocks i'd be only too happy to whizz you (taking as much time at the sites as you want ) between some of the less known ones of your choosing, i really can't get enough of the places right on my doorstep to be honest and i'm more than happy to act as a free guide to anyone who wants a fellow stone nut along with them for the day, i fooking love this sh*t. ! : )

As for Stu, blows my knowledge of the peaks to pieces every time i walk with him, top bloke and second to non when it comes to knowledge of the area. ; )
Why'd ya think i talked him into doing Pecsaetan with me, he's the Pete Glastonbury of Derbyshire. :^)

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
7th July 2010ce
23:33

In reply to:

Re: Sorry for butting in. (Gwass)

Messages in this topic: