The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: Cornwall
10 messages
Select a forum:
Delighted you found the toe of cornwall so interesting ... how's about the heel, next time, then?
From Bodmin Moor down to the south east lies the 'forgotten area' that most visitors just whistle past in their search of sun sea sand and ...
oh, of course, sites! ...
but in the old Caradon area are many many more ancient and fascinating stone circles, from the powerful quartz circle at Duloe to the classic quoit at Trethevy, near Liskeard -
- and now there's a new kid in the playground! Just by the coast path between Looe and Seaton, at SX 282542 there's a quartz and slate standing stone at the centre of a 60-ft sevenfold turf labyrinth. I know, because I put it there! Google on petherick, labyrinth, Guardian, for more information, or go to www.thelabyrinth.org.uk
And if you're likely to be in the area on 1st May, feel free to contact me direct ([email protected]) as I'm having a Beltane Bonfire and Barbecue in the evening.
Caroline Petherick

Reply | with quote
Posted by caroline petherick
19th April 2010ce
10:10

In reply to:

Cornwall (CARL)

1 reply:

Re: Cornwall (CARL)

Messages in this topic: