The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Rowtor Rocks Forum Start a topic | Search
Rowtor Rocks
Re: Rowtor Rocks, it's all fake.
30 messages
Select a forum:
baza wrote:
I've had my say and I'm leaving this conversation now.

megadread wrote:

Well i guess we'll never know for certain will we unless someone comes up with a new technique to verify the antiquity of them...

The same can be said about any piece of RA. What it boils down to is: you have faith in your own (and others) judgement or you don't.

Thanks, Hob, for having a go at trying to speak with some commonsense about the recognised RA at Rowtor. By "recognised" I'm not including any "serpents" or groups of very small depressions in rocks.

If I wanted to fake some RA to impress my guests than I'd go about it very differently to what we see at Birchover.

Context is a major factor too, the context of the "art" at Rowtor is more than a little suspicious, no. ?

Also, i never suggested Eyre intended to fool his guests, he may have just seen it all as decoration done perfectly innocently, later, someone, dunno who, suggests it's ancient and it's taken as fact.
Sorry baza but it's not that cut and dried for me.

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
16th December 2009ce
10:14

Messages in this topic: