The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Y Meini Hirion Forum Start a topic | Search
Y Meini Hirion
Re: strange days...
9 messages
Select a forum:
julienettles wrote:
Hello all,
i'm generally not the fanciful sort, but has anyone else had an, erm, 'unusual' experience in the Druid's Circle (Penmaenmawr)?

The strangest thing that happened to me at Druid's Circle was being accosted by a mad-woman ranting and raving about how 'despicable I was doing this kind of thing...... I should be ashamed of myself' etc...etc...
Somewhat bemused by events - not an unusual state of affairs, it has to be said - I listened, since, for once I hadn't actually done anything wrong, assuming I'd encountered the usual Christian loon. Then I suddenly fell in what she was on about, namely metal detecting..and I was carrying my walkers pole.

Boy, did we laugh when she found out.......... At least I did.

Speaking of 'unusual' events at sites, however, the best has to be my Dad - a Christian apologist if ever there was one - freaking out at The Chestnuts (Kent) when the divining rods he was holding suddenly went haywire. Proof, if any were needed, that stories of magnetic variations etc are not myth.

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
27th July 2009ce
18:54

In reply to:

strange days... (julienettles)

Messages in this topic: