The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Re: Bobby Thompson eyeballed my Woodbines
36 messages
Select a forum:
Me bus didn't show last night - will get this morning's. The monuments are recorded, fairly well, on the SMR but aren't 'recognised'. (Which is a little different). I think that probably the way in will be that the stuff in Bolton is accepted and these will be with them. There is a key to this thread, for Google, and it's Knarsdale Estates Mayday. This is my last week of fieldwork - there's about a day and a half's capping to do - and then I'm out of there. After ten days or so I'll lock the thread to avoid flames from the shooting fraternity - and give them the key. I just wish I had the physical stamina to get a last picture of Railton's Clough Cist, before I go, and some more shots of the new road. I'll never make an application to Tynedale Planning again so I can push them quite vigorously.

If you have time look in the city archive for a 1970's 6" OS of Featherstone/Coanwood and look for the stone circle on it. Just east of the railway line - the other side to Pete's Duck Pond. (!)

This topic is locked
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
26th August 2008ce
08:24

Messages in this topic: