The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Derrick O'Boills
36 messages
Select a forum:
I complained to the Tynedale Chief Planning Officer and the work on the road stopped entirely, though I haven't been sent an acknowledgement. The big digger came out during a heavy rainstorm, I suppose, and was trailered over to the other side of the valley, where it spent a couple of days pfaffing about.

I complained to the local Police, whom I expect to still be driving a Ford Anglia and listening to the Yardbirds on a transistor radio, and the intimidation and harassment from the keepers and beater has reduced considerably. They must think that I'm taking photographs of their grotty traps when, actually, I'm after the prehistoric ruins. I'll post some recent photographs on my website, hopefully, next weekend. Abw.

If I get a sunny day I'm off to the Colouring Crags Long Cairn and the associated 'bits'. A better name for this gigantic pile of collected rock could be devised, I'm sure - just not by me. Anyone dare me to rename it 'Black Sheep Cairn'? I'll look at Money Currick but am fairly sure it's been trashed - there's a decent picture of how it was at the end of this long link ( http://www.megalithic.co.uk/mo[...]&file=index&do=showpic&pid=881 ). I've posted a picture of the digger under the Thornhope site here; there's one of the new Long Barrow as well ...

This topic is locked
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
29th June 2008ce
13:06

In reply to:

Derrick O'Barmy (Stoneshifter)

1 reply:

Reilly O'Dingle (Stoneshifter)

Messages in this topic: