The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Lunar Observatory
36 messages
Select a forum:
The Relton's Cleugh Cist is at Ny 6485 4888 or 54N50 1.6" 2W32 55.2" . It shows up in FlashEarth as being among a scatter of rocks - that's it. The area around it hasn't even been fieldwalked for other stuff. The weather forecast isn't too good and this could slow road operations up. It'll take the digger a couple of weeks to get to the cist, at the present rate of advance. I photographed it on the 31st of May, when the roadbuilder told me 'there's no plans to go across the river". That must mean no drawn plans. The gamekeeper takes the roadman out to his tractors and digger in the morning and stays with him sometimes through the day, then takes him out again in the late afternoon.

More basecamp vandalism and a formal complaint to the police, yesterday. Galeforce winds today, taking a spare tent up tomorrow. Beginning to consider what to film out there. 30m. of 8mm daylight Kodachrome film.

This topic is locked
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
22nd June 2008ce
14:25

In reply to:

Re: Me aidez? M'aidez? Mayday? (Stoneshifter)

Messages in this topic: