The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Re: Me aidez? M'aidez? Mayday?
36 messages
Select a forum:
No, it was finished on Friday night. An unmetalled road - for shooters' landrovers. The high county politics allow it. It doesn't replace a track that was already there, it didn't have planning permission and the local paper have never printed anything previously about other unplanned roads so it's daft to assume they will now. Private Eye might. There was an unplanned road four or five years previously, in the same valley. I complained to English Nature - threequarters in a SSSI - and they rejected the complaint. I never realised that it hadn't been through 'the planning process' 'til years later. Complained to the planning enforcement, formally, received an acknowledgement, and that was more than eighteen months ago. Rang up a year ago, spoke to one of the two enforcement officers, and he said he might get round to it if the weather got warmer. It's about time now to complain that the complaint is shelved and to make a complaint about the new road. As soon as the shooting owner finds out about it - assuming he does - then eighteen tonnes of various multicoloured abuse is going to descend on my delicate basecamp - and it's already started actually. Hence my call for smokescreens. The (upper) South Tyne Valley is full of monuments and one of the most beautiful parts of Britain. The County Archeaologist(s) are below the level of influence - I doubt they're shooters, or freemasons, probably just golfers. The wildlife policeman is also suppressed and spends his time painting birds and doing school visits rather than surveilling miscreants (allegedly).

This topic is locked
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
1st June 2008ce
21:15

Messages in this topic: