The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   France Forum Start a topic | Search
France
Re: First French Query ??
9 messages
Select a forum:
postman wrote:

But I'm not sure if a couple of sites have been put on already so if I could pick someones brains, probably Spaceship mark .
Sept saints seems to be here but it's not the one we saw, ours was built into/under a church in a small village of the same name, is there two sept saints burial chambers, Iv'e got the photos so I didn't dream it.

The other one is a three stone row called Pergal or pergat . The middle stone is on the floor, one man size stone, and one whopper they're in Burls gazetteer. But I can't even remember where it is .

So do I add these sites or do the Eds or are they here already?
Can I add pictures at will?

The Eds gave me and Moth 'special' permission to contribute stuff before it went live. You need to ask them - it looks like they want to be a bit careful about it - it's so hard to check stuff for accuracy.

To prevent sites being marked in the wrong places Moth and I were told that we would have to be extreeeemly careful in plotting positions and for the most part I think we've done OK, especially as we had so much to plot from scratch! Our office has been groaning under the weight of maps, printouts, fieldnotes and guidebooks for a couple of weeks now!

Spaceship Mark is the Brittany expert - so I'll leave him to answer your Q about your unidentified sites! My guess is that Mark will have plotted them already, but he is using a different name to the one you know it by. It took me ages to work out a couple of names for dolmens I'd identified by the village they were in, but Mark had the real names.

You could try using the inline google maps to search for it if you know where it was near - they're pretty damned hot!

J
x

Reply | with quote
Jane
Posted by Jane
30th July 2007ce
18:22

In reply to:

First French Query ?? (postman)

Messages in this topic: