The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glastonbury Tor Forum Start a topic | Search
Glastonbury Tor
Re: Glastonbury Tor - The Egg Stone
45 messages
Select a forum:
You're happiness has made my day Nat. Recently a friend tried to call me from the Tor but couldn't get a signal, instead the message was written on a little piece of paper and cast to the wind - there are still different ways to say hello (and may you return safely home to Somerset soon :-)

But how sad that anyone should puncture their thoughts on the Egg Stone - what are they trying to do? make a politico/religious declaration of the 'I woz here' kind - how pathetic in the truest sense of the word.

The Egg Stone is a new one on me and something to check out next time I'm there. Nothing more I can add I'm afraid except that there's a legend of a circle once being on top of the Tor before the church was built there - perhaps the Egg Stone is all that remains of it.

This topic is locked
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
7th May 2005ce
20:53

Messages in this topic: