The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Red Farm Forum Start a topic | Search
Red Farm
Re: fence hopping
8 messages
Select a forum:
I always try to ask permission before entering private land, especially if it is obvious where one should ask permission.

I have never been refused when having asked.

Ironically, the only bother I have had online is from a place where permission was given freely on a sign to visit a location; but because I had taken, and posted a photo of the monument without seeking the permission of the landowner to photograph it, I received a rather tense e-mail. The sign adjacent parking for the monument never said anything about seeking permission to photograph the monument.

If I ever have any comeback on locations I have visited without successfully gaining permission first, then I will take action to propitiate anyone feeling aggrieved. I like a peaceful life, and as far as it depends on me, like to keep it so as much as possible.

Anyway, the point of my posting this thread is to aid (hopefully) further interpretation, understanding, and discussion of the monument - though I agree access and permission are important aspects thereof!

:o)

cheers

Tim

Reply | with quote
ShropshireTraveller
Posted by ShropshireTraveller
14th October 2004ce
23:01

In reply to:

Re: fence hopping (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: