The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
...Cymru
10 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Cwrw,

Darn it. So much for my M4 corridor guess. Perhaps if they extended the M4 a bit further to the north west then you could be on the M4 corridor.

I have to confess that my Welsh is pretty poor, despite years of evening classes. The area I live in is a Welsh language stronghold, with well over 60% of the population speaking Welsh. Compared to some other parts of Wales, that's quite good. It's still the case that most Welsh people don't speak Welsh, although the language is now getting more government support than it has in centuries.

As for Welsh-ness, it's something that I've thought about quite a bit, because my sons were born here. A lot of the Welsh in the south east have Cornish roots, only a few generations back, so it makes you think about what it is to be Welsh. I'm afraid I'm very English, so I don't even try to make a link with this country. I love it hear though. Much better than England (or most of England).

K x

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
16th April 2004ce
13:59

In reply to:

Re: ... (Cwrw)

Messages in this topic: