The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carn Tulach Forum Start a topic | Search
Carn Tulach
Re: nearly destroyed site - what do I do?
9 messages
Select a forum:
I am not intimate with this site and I do not want to hijack your main question, but I do think you have raised a fundamental point.

Transplanting this scenario in short - we have all heard of those buildings that have mysteriously caught fire when they were about to be scheduled or 'saved'. Urban myth or not, the warning is obvious for more ancient places.

Personally I think informing the Royal Com was a good move but then you have to ask for future reference whether it is a good idea to then advertise the fact that you have spotted a site in trouble before someone officially gets to grips with recording it and serving notice on whoever.

This is tricky stuff and HA are gonna have to do some serious thinking tactic wise.

As for this site if you own a digital camera record as much as possible from any angle possible - and be prepared to tell anyone who spots you something along the lines that an ancient relative that emigrated to Australia in the 1960s was born in a cottage on the site and you have been asked to send some e-mail snaps.

VBB

Reply | with quote
Posted by VenerableBottyBurp
11th January 2004ce
14:16

Messages in this topic: