The Twelve Apostles of Ilkley Moor 2
Image by moggymiaow

On a similar note, I have to admit to having gone to Casterton Circle 3 times and I still haven't seen the bugger!

Even following Jane's "easy" instructions last time, I still missed it. By the time I'd counted 5 field boundaries, we were at the top of the hill, over-looking moorland and my legs were aching like bugger! It isn't on my OS map either, which doesn't help.

C'mon Jane (Or Moth) - help me out!

Vx

the save your legs way to casterton ...

park where jane says and then walk back down the road until you get to another track going through a gate into a field on your right.
Keep going in a straight line across 4 (?) fields keeping the same distance from the field boundary on your left. You will walk straight into the circle this way and save yourself walking further up the hill only to walk down it again.

good luck
cx

Weeeelll. You could try Creyr's way, as I think J's pretty much explained the way we went....

Otherwise, or if you still don't find it, I can only suggest following J's instructions & looking out for a view down to the left, exactly like this http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/post/28973 - mebbe print the photo?

Sorry - can't think of owt else!!! :^(

love

Moth