The Twelve Apostles of Ilkley Moor 2
Image by moey

Fwiw I'd agree with Paulus that I found the easiest route to follow is from White Wells.

From there, you're following the main path all the way - the dales Way. The only place you could possibly go wrong is once onto the moor 'proper' after a while you reach a major fork in the path. The left path goes a bit downhill and across a beck, and the right climbs distictly away. You want the left path, which then also starts to climb & always used to have some wooden raised tracking on it.

If you get that bit right, I think you'd have trouble missing it. :^)

love

Moth

On a similar note, I have to admit to having gone to Casterton Circle 3 times and I still haven't seen the bugger!

Even following Jane's "easy" instructions last time, I still missed it. By the time I'd counted 5 field boundaries, we were at the top of the hill, over-looking moorland and my legs were aching like bugger! It isn't on my OS map either, which doesn't help.

C'mon Jane (Or Moth) - help me out!

Vx