The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wells 'n' shit
132 messages
Select a forum:
I agree, for what it's worth. Both the book and website have always been clear that the period covered is prehistory, if it starts tipping into later stuff it will just become a muddle and will lose much of the focus that makes it such a wonderful resource.

Being perfectly honest I've never been completely sold about the inclusion of rock features but they do seem to generate a lot of folklore and many are undoubtedly (okay, possibly maybe) a focal point for monuments built close by, as well as possible inspirations for the monuments as well. The number of stone circles built in close proximity to rocky outcrops can't be coincidental, for example.

I reckon the majority of the wells and certainly trackways on TMA have pretty good cases for ancientness to make anyhow.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
2nd February 2017ce
19:50

In reply to:

Re: Wells 'n' shit (Rhiannon)

2 replies:

Re: Wells 'n' shit (Rhiannon)
Re: Wells 'n' shit (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: