The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Change?
132 messages
Select a forum:
Nicely raised post Moss and Spencer.
I spend lots of time on here (no, really?) and still find it an invaluable resource for planning days out and helping to find the less obviously signposted places. My recent trip to Gibbet Moor would have failed without Stubob's photos.
I like the mix of stuff, it's definitely not a photo sharing site primarily, although many of the contributors post stunning pictures. The mix of notes, photos and folklore is great and gives a nice well-rounded idea of a place. I love reading and seeing photos of places I’ve never been and probably never will go.
The other brilliant thing compared to almost every other site I use is the lack of adverts.
So for me it’s already pretty good.
Sometimes an opinion is raised that the direction of the site doesn’t match where someone would like it to go. I’d just reiterate what Rhiannon has said. It’s a community website, so the way to cover your own preferred angle is to contribute something that you’d like to see/read and maybe others will follow suit. There is a very broad range of styles of notes and photos, so as long as it’s on theme I reckon there’s a place for it. I find other people’s contributions an immense source of inspiration.
Things I might change if it was down to me are small tinkering really. There was a change last summer sometime to the way pictures are rendered, so they don’t look as sharp as they did. There are also quite a few sites that are really one site but have been added as extras when really you’d visit them together, so perhaps a prune would be good in some places ( I’m pretty sure this does happen actually). But this is really trivial stuff and far outweighed by what we have got in my opinion.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
25th January 2017ce
19:13

In reply to:

Change? (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Change? (spencer)

Messages in this topic: