The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Stonehenge Q and R stones sunrise orientation
62 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Dave1982 wrote:
Well, perhaps not excavation, but non-intrusive scans would be interesting. I wonder how much that would cost? Mmmmm.

Any info on companies that do archaeological scans?

Worth considering?
http://www.waterdowsing.co.uk/archaeology%20dowsing.htm

Worth testing elsewhere first , if he was willing .
If he can show that he is capable of finding anything that nobody would be expected to find without dowsing then it's worth testing at Stonehenge .
But I doubt that he would be up for a test .

Anyone could go to Stonehenge with or without knowledge of the site and suggest that there are pits , cremations , buried stones , Anglo Saxon coins ,Victorian bottle tops and there is a possibility they might be right or close .If a dowser did the same it doesn't mean it was due to dowsing . Finding previously unrecorded archaeology in an area where none might be expected is done all the time by non dowsers and non detectorists on a daily basis .If dowsers could show , even that ability they might get accepted and it would be a start ,but they haven't

Could be worth Dave having a chat with him to hear his side as he is brave enough to leave not only his email addy but phone number as well.

No bravery . It looks like a business , he'll need a phone and possibly a web site . It would be a first if his side means that he has found any archaeology that couldn't have been found by non dowsers . There might be a small element of bravery if he was willing to do a test ,although in the cases where dowsers do so, they are usually convinced of their abilities .

Well, Dave won't find out anymore unless he does speak to him or email. Not saying you are wrong but it's just a one-sided argument otherwise irrespective of what has been said/done before. Time moves on, methods change/develop in all areas not just the 'accepted' ones.

If it's info on the monument then there are obvious people to turn to . Dowsers ,despite frequent attempts have never provided anything verifiable or of worth at the monument .
In what way has dowsing or any divinitory practice " developed " ?

I've no idea how dowsing may have developed just saying that all methods advance as time goes on and new things learnt. Maybe it's the same with dowsers? There are of course other people to turn to, but at what cost there as well? Dave was asking for suggestions, I just offered him one. I'm just the messenger, it's the dowser that should be approached and questioned. He has a phone number and email addy...go for it!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
11th November 2014ce
10:31

Messages in this topic: