The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: MEGALITHS and MONOLITHS Proof Aliens Exist?
25 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
But I guess we should never underestimate how much time and trouble people were willing to take - that's what leads people to talk of extraterrestrials. Some efforts are just mind-boggling e.g. forming the SH lintols, including the tenons, by bashing with a lump of rock.

It's a half inch drill. ;)
What I like about it is that it's cleverly chamfered at the back end such that it can be set into a split stick with a diameter no more than the drill so it can go in to any depth.

Just to go a little further on the time theme. It 'suggests' that they were not so concerned with themselves, but those in the future, unlike today when we tend to do things that are going to benefit us directly unless embarrassed into doing something for our future well-being! When I say 'they', the hierarchy?

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
22nd September 2013ce
10:50

Messages in this topic: