The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Road closure works
44 messages
Select a forum:
Isn't it satisfying to get away from the crowds so quickly? We walked the SW Coast Path from Mullion Cove to Lizard on our Cornwall trip this year, Kynance Cove was absolutely heaving, nearby Kynance Gate settlement entirely untroubled by visitors, except us.

The reason I've never particularly warmed to Merry Maidens, as opposed to Tregeseal and especially Boskednan, is entirely due to the ease of access by car and thus constant stream of vaguely-interested sightseers.

I think Rhiannon is right - there must be a scientific formula to show that number of people encountered is inversely proportionate to the number of metres from the ice cream van (I appreciate that a number of my own fieldnotes may mention ice cream, so even solitary TMAers are not immune to the laws involved).

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
6th September 2013ce
17:01

In reply to:

Re: Road closure works (tjj)

Messages in this topic: