The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Sea Henge Forum Start a topic | Search
Sea Henge
Re: OT minor rant
64 messages
Select a forum:
bladup wrote:
juamei wrote:
bladup wrote:
juamei wrote:
bladup wrote:
I have to write this before the thread drops out because everytime i see the thread i think of this - it could be somewhere they tripped and the enclosure was meant to cut the outside world out so they could facilitate an inner trip far more easily and commune with the spirits there, you could sit or even lie on the treetruck, we know this because of seeing those great people sat and laid on it in their failed attempt to save it [from probable churchgoers and archaeologists] and i've sat in a modern version in a sculture park near aberdeen and it is strange how some of your senses are cut off almost straight away.

Am really unsure why you'd think they were probable churchgoers?

Because the church are worried about the return of paganism [so they should be] as their religion in this country dies, it was said with my tongue in my cheek though, Humour is so personal - why did you feel the need to comment on it, are you a churchgoer yourself?

I don't think the church cares one jot about paganism, I suspect the secularisation of the populace is a much greater concern. I felt the need to reply because I find it amusing and slightly disturbing how much church goer bashing goes on from within the pagan community and on occasion I like to challenge that prejudice.

For the record I am an areligous atheist, but I am married to a moderately devout catholic and regularly attend mass. Having been part of a congregation for the last 2 years, I've had confirmed to me that a very sizeable amount of modern day catholics are kind, compassionate and want all people to be allowed to live their lives in whatever manner they chose so long as they don't infringe upon others. Obviously views not shared imo by the church heirachy. who I dont defend since I consider them to be for the most part misguided and on occasion pretty fucking bigoted.

The catholic faith - the one that allows child abuse as long as you then repent - Evil pure fucking evil , This is fact - and there is no defence and can NEVER be of child abuse, the religion is full of nonces and it's clear why, it's because the catholics are a group that let's them hide amongst them as long as they say sorry eh, It's sick, And you don't know what these so called good people get up it behind closed doors, Do you? and "and want all people to be allowed to live their lives in whatever manner they chose so long as they don't infringe upon others" is what they all say isn't it? Think of all the kiddies that have been Infringed upon by catholics though and then think about what you said and what crap it is, You are sticking up for people that if you really knew what they were up behind peoples backs you'd be sick to the stomach, I really hope if you have kids you don't leave them alone with anyone there as lots of monsters hide in the catholic church.

That's a bit strong Paul. There are good and bad in all faiths and certainly not restricted to the Catholics even though as Juamei says they can be very bigoted at times.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
13th February 2013ce
16:59

In reply to:

Re: OT minor rant (bladup)

1 reply:

Re: OT minor rant (bladup)

Messages in this topic: