The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Auchenlarie Forum Start a topic | Search
High Auchenlarie
Re: a formal introduction
65 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
Bladup, there's someone I'd like you to meet.

This is full stop: .

Full stop, this is bladup.

Go on, you could be such good friends. Throw a handful of full stops into what you write and it would be so much more readable for everyone else. You sound like you're ranting without them. You sound like you're not taking a breath. It doesn't help the way your point comes across.

You'll think I'm being rude. I don't intend that though. I'm trying to be assistative.

It's alright i suppose, but i was kicked out of english from a young age, i was clearly rubbish anyway, at little school they said i may be dyslexic [and this was the 70's], so your hitting a nerve here. I think i do all right when you take this into consideration, especially as sanctuary and others have said i could write some great books, this is why i laughed at them when they said it and told them what i just told you. I do think what you said is a bit rude but because your clearly right i don't really mind too much, i am smelling schoolteachers and tweed again though, and i'm starting not to want to even bother with this site, pick, pick, pick that's all some people do on here, if you don't like how i write, it's really easy don't read what i say!

Hi Bladup, what you've written above is actually easier to read because of the punctuation, I am certain Rhiannon was trying to be helpful not rude. Even if you are a bit dyslexic (aren't we all to some degree) it doesn't mean you can't write a book because it is the content that matters. I don't think you are dyslexic - just impatient. Its very sad that you and Tiompan don't seem to hit it off - I've never actually met Tiompan but I know in the real world his knowledge of rock art is highly regarded and he is referenced by Stan Beckensall in 'Prehistoric Rock Art in Britain'. My experience of him on this forum is that he will debunk misconceptions when they arise. I have never known him to bully anyone but he will always stands his ground. You are obviously very knowledgeable yourself as I have been reading your posts for some time now. Don't mind the full stops too much, more important perhaps you two could give each other another chance. If Tiompan didn't think you were worth it he wouldn't bother replying to you all. Keep an open mind, he is not what you think.

All the best
tjj

Thanks tjj, i have tried so much with him, it's just he seems to get off on winding me up, and the last straw was when he said i was an idiot [ and loads of other words that mean the same thing ], and i don't think Rhiannon was being rude on purpose, i think she may have even been trying to help me, it's just i had a lot of trouble at school and wouldn't know how to do it properly anyway, [ i was in the top sets, for what was in my mind but have always found it hard putting what's in my head down on paper, i must be a bit of a Druid ] and picking at the way i write felt like i was back at school again [i'm 38], it made me feel horrible! i'm pretty sure if Rhiannon knew how she was going to make me feel she wouldn't have bothered criticising my writing, as it doesn't really matter does it?, as you can easily read what i write [at least i hope so!], and if anyone can't [or the way i write does their head in] i don't mind people not reading what i write anyway, love paul.

This topic is locked
bladup
Posted by bladup
28th September 2012ce
16:03

In reply to:

Re: a formal introduction (tjj)

1 reply:

Re: a formal introduction (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: