The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Auchenlarie Forum Start a topic | Search
High Auchenlarie
High Auchenlarie stone circle, Dumfries+Galloway
65 messages
Select a forum:
How come nobody's even put this site on here? go on someone please do it! [the portal has it, but no photos], i have visited and have photos, it's just that i can't get to them yet [not since moving] and wouldn't know how to work a scanner anyway, it's a great stone circle with a cairn on the perimeter of the circle with a bit of horrible farm clearence on top of it! and the stones are pointy and tall unlike the other circles around, eg Glenquicken, Torhousekie and Claughreid, it's more like the stones of cauldside burn, but bigger and better, there's 5 stones in an arc of a circle and one just outside the circle, the stone outside is either misplaced, an outlier or the remains of maybe a concentric circle, it's a lost treasure and i just wondered if any TMA'ers lived in those parts, as it's a great place with everything else around anyway, that it's well worth a visit by anybody around that way, it's in books as a stone circle [ john barnatt's, burls and others ] and is at NX539534 on farmland there, and seemed to me to be connected to Newton farm burial chamber down the hill and nearer to the sea. You can clearly see the stone circle [and it's stones] on google earth.

This topic is locked
bladup
Posted by bladup
26th September 2012ce
18:18

Messages in this topic: