The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: When she stands on Silbury Hill
80 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
bladup wrote:
Education, big sentence's for destruction and if all else falls physically protecting them, are the only answers that come to my mind

Mine too. And everyone's. But in the case of Silbury big sentences for destruction isnt really the issue and physically protecting them means bigger fences which is not on so that only leaves Education. Which very evidently hasn't been working.

And anyway, what is the education to say? DO NOT ENTER - in which case a lot of people will? Or please only go up by prior appointment (with polite reasons) (like it says at Stonehenge) in which case fewer people will go up and Silbury might start to be used as a "beacon site" in a push to engender greater public respect for prehistoric sites.

What IS the actual legal side of climbing the hill? The notice boards only 'suggest' you don't climb it, they don't say it is illegal to climb it do they? As June intimated a law needs putting in place with a HUGE fine. Okay you'll always get a yob or two sticking two fingers up but I reckon the hill would survive them...as it has the sheep :-)

This topic is locked
Posted by Sanctuary
1st September 2012ce
15:54

In reply to:

Re: When she stands on Silbury Hill (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: