The hand carving looks old to me, the other two not so much. Misc Stone 1 especially looks recent.
I agree. Certainly about the one that looks like someone's carved "TRICK" or similar! :D
Are the stones tucked away from where people would normally venture? I only ask, cos they look pretty visible so it's unlikely they'd have been missed unless out in the sticks a bit.
But then what do I know, eh? ;)
The triangular one is down by Swine sty somewhere and apparently only shows the hand in certain lighting conditions. One of the photos shows the rock without the hand visible.
Reply | with quote
|Posted by juamei|
31st July 2012ce
Carvings for comment (juamei, Jul 31, 2012, 12:09)
- Re: Carvings for comment (goffik, Jul 31, 2012, 13:27)
- Re: Carvings for comment (juamei, Jul 31, 2012, 16:31)
- Re: Carvings for comment (Howburn Digger, Jul 31, 2012, 16:25)
- Re: Carvings for comment (tiompan, Jul 31, 2012, 20:01)
- Re: Carvings for comment (Annexus Quam, Jul 31, 2012, 22:34)