The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Time Team 2012 - "cliche-ridden pap"
90 messages
Select a forum:
tomatoman wrote:
Sorry if my post yesterday appeared to imply a preference for older TV presenters. Certainly not the case. I have no problem at all with younger people hosting or guesting provided their contribution is balanced with some affinity and knowledge for the programme subject.
Whoever the presenter is, it's important (to me) that any tendency to self-promotion is minimised if it gets in the way of real content.

I know he's not everyones idea of a presenter for a programme such as TT, but 'Baldrick' does it brilliantly in my opinion. He's brought a subject that for many people was as dry as dust because it had always been presented in the past by 'crusty old educated duffers' who came across as setting themselves high above Joe Public socially. Tony changed all that and brought 'them and us' together by using humour to lighten their superior attitude and in doing so JP's interest in the subject rocketed and twenty years later still is. May it long continue as I love it....apart from too much Roman stuff for my taste that is :-)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
14th February 2012ce
20:48

Messages in this topic: