The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
47 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
Well, EH has said "As the stones are in our care, we have to consider whether introducing light onto the monument and into the World Heritage Site will genuinely enhance people’s appreciation and understanding of Stonehenge."

I guess they think neither glitterballs nor Golden Balls will enhance people’s appreciation and understanding of it whereas a massive booze-up inside and on the stones at Midsummer will. It all seems a bit muddled to me. Either it should be treated naffly or it shouldn't, don't you think?

Stonehenge at times is like a runaway train. It has moments of quiet then along comes another wild idea based on an archaeological find within a five mile radius of it and it and off it goes again. That goodness I saw the best of it as a teenager when you could sneak in when the time was right, take a pic or two then leave quietly without causing any damage or creating mass hysteria!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
4th December 2011ce
13:41

In reply to:

Re: So.... (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: So.... (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: