The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Idol Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
The Idol Stone
Re: More damage.
54 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
To many people have been lost to the TMA...

Too true Mr d. The sad loss of treaclechops, at the tender age of 38, was the worst of its kind for many... but there have been other losses too. TomBo’s sharp, creative intellect, and his insightful contributions here and elsewhere are sadly missed. So too CianMcLiam? for his beautiful photos, Earthstepper, for his contributions on the stone-scarce county of Essex, FourWinds for his input on Ireland, along with many others.

Just out of interest, who do you see as being lost to TMA?

As this thread is about damage it is probably a good place to discuss the damage done to this forum by people falling out, aggressive posts and the persistent settling of 'old scores'. Those not involved get fed up with it and don't want to be drawn in. I know for a fact that a few individuals with 'quite a bit of clout' on this forum have agreed between themselves never to answer anything I post. This didn't really matter as there were enough impartial posters here to counter-balance this strategy ... but it does have a drip drip effect which eventually would wear anyone down. From what I have seen of Drew and quite a few others like thesweetcheat, tiompan, Sanctary etc., they like to see fair play - when they stop posting there is certainly no point in me making any further contributions.

The roll-call listed above is an honourable one; I can understand people like Jane and Moth losing heart after their much loved friend Treaclechops (Rebecca) died. She was young and her death a tragedy but the death of any loved one makes you re-assess what is important and arguing on an internet forum certainly isn't.

Why not declare an amnesty and let old grievances go; I'm not aking to be bezzie mates with anyone but it would be nice to think I could ask an archaeology/anthropology based question without being pointedly blanked or indirectly derided by a certain few.

To put it in a nutshell show a bit of tolerance and respect for the people who are trying to make this forum work today - however brilliant past contributors were, we can't bring them back.

You'll already know I agree with you 100% June and I suspect most, if not all others do and to be fair everyone is getting along just fine right now so it may be best to just let things lie and we all continue to enjoy this forum and any other ones we may or may not belong to. There is one particular person who left that I would like to see return because it was in my time (some earlier ones I didn't know or know of) and that is Megadread (Geoff). A very passionate person about his hobby who I was sorry to see go and not just for his knowledge alone. I sincerely hope that one day he will reconsider and rejoin or I might have to send the boys around to change his mind :D

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
4th August 2011ce
14:33

In reply to:

Re: More damage. (tjj)

2 replies:

Re: More damage. (Sanctuary)
Re: More damage. (Resonox)

Messages in this topic: