The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Marlborough Mound Forum Start a topic | Search
Marlborough Mound
Re: Prehistoric origins confirmed!
90 messages
Select a forum:
goffik wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
As you know, I've got no gripe with you (or anyone else on this forum that I know of), but I think I should point out that the "bitch-slapped" bit was just a joke by Goff, and nothing more. I know him a bit, and I'm certain it wasn't intended to be offensive. as it happens, I don't seriously think he was trying to claim credit for anything either.

10 points to Squid for having actually read the post! :)

Of course I wasn't laying claim - either personally or by association - for the great work carried out by the good people of EH, with whom I have a great respect for. No - what I actually posted was a lighthearted unattributed quote I saw on Twitter, which said that Heritage Action had broken the news. Had it not all turned a bit Children of The Stones, I was going to expand upon it by adding it was in the context that it was a shame EH *hadn't* broken the news and had, in fact, remained unusually tight-lipped about it for some time after. But nevertheless, it was twisted to suggest I was claiming it as a victory for me. Which is, of course, piffle! :D

I truly have no idea why certain persons (actually, that appears to me to be singular if you ignore the sockpuppets) find my posts so offensive, when all I ever want to do is have a laugh with people about a subject I enjoy, as a hobby, very much indeed.

I found it amusing and thought others might. Turns out some did, but others didn't, but either way, the reaction was unwarranted.

With regards the bitch-slapping, well that's another story... For one thing, I didn't suggest it would be ME carrying out the punishment... ;)

Lighten up. I've not insulted anyone. Leave that to the night shift! ;)

Oh, and by the way - if anyone has any real issue with me, I'm not prepared to discuss it further on this forum (being the only forum I am actually a member of and actually post to) so please email me - you'll find I'm very approachable. :)

G x

All of this is getting very wearing and totally distracting from the forums aims and I'm sure what most of us are here for. I have no arguments with anyone, have no interest in starting any but am now opting out as this forum (along with others) has become a breeding ground for petty squabbles, innuendo, stirring and downright unsavoury behaviour. I'm off back to my own quiet research where the only person to be at odds with is myself! Adios.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
4th June 2011ce
07:37

Messages in this topic: