The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Proposed NT cafe in Avebury
30 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:

Once again - what at first seemed a black and white now seems various shades of grey so I'll shut up and let the people with the inside knowledge of Avebury politics sort it out. The existing cafe/restaurant is fine for my needs.

It all may end up being a loss-leader for the NT anyway June. One can only speak for themselves of course, but judging by the amount of people I have seen in the NT car park eating and drinking their own supplies I doubt they'll do that much business judged by the prices they charge elsewhere. It may be a case of 'once bitten twice shy' for many visitors. The RL always seems to me to be the place that is never short of customers in the summer months...wouldn't they like to get their hands on that little goldmine!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
14th February 2011ce
10:13

Messages in this topic: