The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Dartmoor Forum Start a topic | Search
Dartmoor
Re: Time Team Reservoir Rituals
58 messages
Select a forum:
Re Mr Pryor - at one point in the programme he had a drawing showing the layout of the site. I was just waiting for him to start talking about one side of the valley being the land of the living and the other the land of the dead - but he didn't - which was just as well when the "burial" cairns turned out to be modern.

I love his enthusiasm but he does have a couple of "pet theories" at times - BTW I also love his books which are much more balanced (in all senses of the word ) than his TV persona - which is totally fit for purpose on TT.

I was totally intrigued by the "enclosed valley" view of an important space. Lots of past features seem to be found on hill tops etc but I'm sure certain types of enclosed space must have been just as important (for all sorts of practical and "ritual" reasons).

I spend a lot of time walking in Northumberland and I can think of a few places that are enclosed and have that "special" feeling about them.

Mac

Reply | with quote
mascot
Posted by mascot
8th February 2011ce
11:28

In reply to:

Re: Time Team Reservoir Rituals (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: