The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbaby Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbaby
Re: And so it begins.
18 messages
Select a forum:
Steve M wrote:
I am indeed writing a very large Avebury Book with Pete Glastonbury but we will only be able to include these 'full details' if the archaeologists concerned are kind enough to give us them - which they obviously don't have to do...

I'm as excited as everyone else about yesterday's discovery but it's down to the EH archaeos what happens next.

I would imagine that if EH considers it a good move after their archaoes have finished then they may prefer to publish themselves Steve. I hope not because I much prefer a bit of sensible speculation thrown in to the melting pot along with the certainties rather than a dry as dust 'factual' theory which appears to be difinitive at the time. Every time Silbury Hill is excavated a new 'understanding and meaning' of it appears...until the next time that is!! Good luck with the book, I look forward to reading it.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
27th October 2010ce
11:27

In reply to:

Re: And so it begins. (Steve M)

Messages in this topic: