The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trevethy Quoit
107 messages
Select a forum:
stonefree wrote:

People have long been (initially) disparaging about those who bring new ideas and new discoveries, but we have no neolithic axe to grind, just different ways of looking at old things in a new light. I'm sorry if that causes a little discomfort, but please don't take it personally. I certainly didn't mean to "make it to sound like others know nothing", so perhaps there's some emotional colouring going on, as frequently happens when one is passionate about a subject and one's assumptions are challenged.

i don't think people here are disparaging over new ideas just possibly a bit wary of new and as yet unproven claims sometimes. We are all here to learn.
Maybe we could meet up at the quoit in the not too distant future as I live just around the corner. It'll be another excuse to take the dog for a walk and avoid any work needing doing around the house :D

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
20th April 2011ce
15:46

In reply to:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (stonefree)

1 reply:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (stonefree)

Messages in this topic: