The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Grrr...
194 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
Nigel's posts have descended into the childish, I'm afraid.

I've always been the same. Completely unable to agree with the "gently, gently, let's explain it nicely to them" approach that the archaeological establishment advocates towards metal detectorists and you have advocate towards dozens of ignorant littering drunken idiotic lawbreakers at Stonehenge.

For your information, it has taken ten years of daily personal attacks on me such as yours but the establishment's attitude on metal detecting is now turning decisively in the right direction (PAS is about to write to every landowner in the country saying: “Most archaeologists view metal-detecting rallies as extremely damaging to archaeology” - how about that? Sticking up for what's right DOESN'T necessarily mean you end up isolated, it means you end up right. Detectorists have been "told nicely" how damaging rallies are and have done not a thing about it. Now landowners are to be told "not nicely" and they WILL do something about it. All of which is why I don't give a fig for your attacks on me or your attempts to smooth over the nonsense that goes on at Stonehenge.

To everyone. It's good to know when to stop.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
19th July 2010ce
14:19

In reply to:

Re: Grrr... (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: